Friday, February 18, 2011

Rock and Roll Out, Man.

Listening to a mix suggested by SPIN magazine, so you know the genres are all over the place, but no world music, ironically (so hip).

A rock song came on, and it was yelling at me. If I wanted to be yelled at, I'd go back to childhood (amiright, Michael Jackson?!). I don't want you to think that I don't like rock... I also don't want you to think my skin's bad either, but what can I do besides wear headphones and stay in my room?

I had a theory once, when I listened to Top 40, exclusively (I know), that people who liked sad music had pretty nice childhoods and that people who listened to Pop music grew up in foster care... I am pretty sure that people who like rock were molested my their priest.
Maybe these theories didn't hold true as I got older... I also got more friends (856 on Facebook), so my perspective is highly evolved. At least I just said something about molestation. Lots of kids out there, so people should really keep their eyes out... also their ears, if you hear rock- call the cops! I don't think they can do anything to sex offenders unless they actually find their fingers hidden in youth. Being caught "red-handed" never had so many hymen connotations.

So far, a pretty pedophilic post, but let's get back to music. It's great, ey? Sometimes I just sit and listen to it! I am sitting right now listening to it right now. Before I started writing this I was listening to it and even before that. The thing I like is that I am listening to it on my headphones in a shitty coffee shop that is playing Matchbox 20 and company. Every time one of my hip songs is over, in fades Staind, or the like. It just reminds me "hey, you could be stripping." Except I can't because I don't like the way I look hanging upside down naked. Society put that on me... makes me wonder how I am going to protect my children.

For now, I will protect them by not having them and then when I do- holding them real close for 23 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers